Inspired by: The Wideman Education Foundation (WEF)
Presented by: Project Management Institute (PMI) Toronto Chapter
Wideman Education Foundation (WEF) is an inclusive community that promotes Project Management (PM) competencies and skills, and connects individuals and organizations to the world of Project Management. The Foundation hosts a yearly competition that promotes Project Management skills amongst students. Please see this video from our very first competition.
For 2021, the Ontario Project Management Competition (OPMC) is hosting College and University student teams that have planned and delivered a project!
Projects will be evaluated on how well Project Management principles are demonstrated. Each submission must have had a minimum duration of two months from ideation to completion. This project is not meant to be a “typical” academic assignment but a unique Business endeavor with an objective and purpose. A project is temporary with a clear scope that is defined from beginning to end. It is unique in that it is not a routine operation, but a specific set of operations designed to accomplish a singular goal.
The competition will be evaluated by certified Project Management Professionals (PMP). Participants who have completed a project between September 2020 and March 2021 are invited to compete in teams of 3-5 members. You will be representing your College or University in a Project Management competition worthy of praise, recognition and prizes. This is your chance to achieve something great in 2021!
Why should you participate in the competition?
Here are some of the benefits of participating in this competition:
- The winning team will receive up to a $4,200 Grand Prize of cash and passes to the largest Project Management conferences in North America
- The top three teams will be invited to a premium Toronto Chapter event and recognized for their accomplishment!
- Be affiliated with the organization and build strong business contacts with Project Management Professionals.
- Refine PM knowledge and gain valuable skills for future competitions.
How do you qualify to participate?
|Teams||3 – 5 Members|
|Participants||College and University Students|
|Projects||Planned & Delivered by March 2021|
|“Project Management: Sustainable Development Goals” – Your Project needs to address one of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and explain why you’ve chosen it and what kind of impact it was designed to create.|
When choosing a team, you may want to consider the following:
- It is recommended that one individual on the team has experience in Project Management, enrolled in a PM Program or has taken a PM course.
- The project should examine all knowledge areas: Integration, Scope, Scheduling, Cost, Quality, Resource, Communications, Risk, Procurement, and Stakeholder Management.
- It is encouraged that you have a well-rounded team.
How to participate:
Submit your Application Form by 11:59 pm on February 19th, 2021. Teams accepted in the competition will be notified on or before February 26th, 2021 via email.
Important Dates to Remember:
|February 20th, 2021||11:59 pm||Deadline for application submission to OPMC 2021|
|February 26th, 2021||11:59 pm||Teams will be notified via email if they are accepted|
|March 1st, 2021||6:30 pm – 7:30 pm||Q&A Webinar on Project Management & Competition|
|March 19th, 2021||11:59 pm||Teams submit their Final Project Report|
|March 27th, 2021||8:30 am – 5:30 pm||Final presentations and winning teams will be announced|
The Final Round will be hosted online via Cisco WebEx platform.
Email us if you have any questions: OPMC@pmitoronto.ca